what a great day i had.
i featured my latest zoodle recipe on my instagram. not only was it gluten free, vegan, spicy + delicious. it honestly took me fifteen minutes. so i have to share. often times i hear that eating healthy is inconvienient + if this recipe doesn’t prove otherwise i’m not sure what will.
i woke up + started making hot water + lemon before breakfast. i had time before needing to head out the door, so i started cooking.
next thing i knew dinner was ready for me. all with the help of one cast iron skillet + a spiralizer. it’s an easy recipe to improvise + add too. i topped mine with some olives. other veggies like red bell pepper or mushroom would be tasty as well. or try chick peas instead of white bean….
if we are being honest this was a “oh boy, barely anything in the fridge! time to get to the grocery store + meal prep” result. but one that left me satisfied + will be making again.
- 1 zucchini washed + cut in half.
- 2 medium or 1 large carrot washed + peeled into "ribbons"
- 1/2 can of favorite marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 can of drained + rinsed white beans
- 1/2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- add olive oil + garlic to warm skillet over medium heat.
- add onion + carrot ribbons. allow to cook until onion is translucent + the carrots soft.
- spiralize the zucchini while the veggies cook.
- add tomato sauce, red pepper, oregano + salt/pepper. stir.
- add the zoodles + mix well. cook for another couple of minutes to make the zoodles soft.
- stir in white beans.
- thats it!
in addition to a really great dinner, i had a really amazing opportunity.
a while back, tori spelling (yes, like the famous one) followed me on instagram. i reached out, took a chance, put myself out there + offered to contribute my writing to her website.
my first article as a guest blogger specializing in health + wellness went out yesterday. wow, believe you can + you will.
tori is indeed an actress, but she’s also a proud mom + entrepreneur. her site is full of awesome info about entertaining, motherhood, food, etc. she wants healthy recipes for her family that make them feel their best. she’s kind, receptive + genuine. i feel so honored + grateful to have new sets of eyes see my writing, who could hear my “blogger” voice, + hopefully feel inspired in some way.
find the article here: New Year, New Healthy Habits
it feels really really good to know that this little blog- which has become my baby- is slowly gaining speed. makes my heart full.
kinda like my belly was after this awesome dinner.