broccoli salad starts with an amazing healthy base of broccoli florets, then traditionally is covered in fattening mayo, which is certainly not vegan friendly.
i can’t say i LOVE raw broccoli, but i sure love the benefits of this veggie. therefore i paired it with crunchy, sweet toppings, + tossed it with a naturally sweet dairy-free dressing that is less rich, but just as satisfying.
all assembled under 30 minutes. god, i love eating plant based. doesn’t get much easier than raw veggies + fruits.
- 2 heads of broccoli (cut in florets)
- 5 stalks of celery diced
- 1 green apple diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of reduced fat vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp of agave nectar (i use the five calorie option from Madhava Sweeteners)
- pinch of salt
- slice + dice all the ingredients for the salad + place in a large mixing bowl.
- whisk together dressing ingredients + pour over salad.
- toss together to mix well + chill before serving.
- Optional: add red onion, scallion, more fruit, sub walnuts/pecans, etc.
you’ll be seeing a lot more salad recipes in the next coming weeks (in addition to some holiday goodies i’m sure!) why? just putting something together that’s all….
happy thursday, kale-ers.