it’s sunday night currently, pretty lateee. approaching monday morning in fact..
but I’ve made a personal commitment to blog more frequently and I’m sticking to it!
I had to share this sandwich I made over the weekend because it’s perfect for #meatlessmonday, school lunch addition. make a batch, pack it for lunch for a day or two, and you’re set.
vegan chickpea chicken salad.
don’t judge me, but I used to love tuna salad and chicken salad.
mayo mixed with canned fish…yum!
something about this sandwich staple reminds me of childhood and brown paper bag lunches. i liked the crunch of celery and onions and eating the chilled salad between wheat bread.
luckily I’ve learned that tuna fish cans often contain some crazy stuff (like dolphin) and there are so many replacements for mayo.
take this lightened up chickpea “tuna/chicken” sandwich for example.
I love replacing mayo with avocado. I prefer the taste, and the healthier fats. for this recipe I threw in a bit of dijon mustard for added flavor and some vegan mayo as well to add to the creaminess. feel free to omit either!
- 1 can organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 a large avocado
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- sea salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- add chickpeas to large bowl and smash with fork.
- add avocado, mustard, and vegan mayo- stir.
- add celery and onion, stir to combine.
- mix in fresh dill.
- season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- spread on sprouted toast - I love ezekiel bread and top with baby kale, more onion, pickles, tomato- whatever!
feel like a kid again?
pack this lunch to the office. you won’t have tuna breath either!
ok, I managed a blog post at 12:00 AM – goodnight!!