chia seeds- they are my jam. see what i did there?
chia jam, i love it. it packs my favorite superfood seed into a naturally sweet, fruit filled jam that goes well on toast, in oatmeal, on thumbprint cookies, maybe even by the spoonful.
with a few simple ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry, + fifteen minutes gets you plenty of servings of jam to store in the fridge.
here’s what you need….
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 of an apple diced (i used gala)
- 2 tbsp. of cinnamon
- 1/8 cup of chia seed
how to make:
- combine all the ingredients into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- stirring frequently, allow to cook + simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- as the cranberries pop, they will need more stirring. also, if the jam becomes too thick, i add a tablespoon of water here and there in the heating process to thin it out a bit.
store in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
there ya go! a hearty, fiber filled jam with no artificial sweeteners + damn good flavor.