the pumpkin parade continues, and these vegan pumpkin pancakes need little introduction. so let’s get right to it…
make these pumpkin pancakes because they are…
easily made gluten free (sub gluten free all purpose flour)
fulllll of amazing pumpkin spice flavor
seasonal and fun (a change to all the plain pancakes we are so used to)
- 1 cup all purpose or whole wheat flour. (I did half and half)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground flax - flax egg: stir tablespoon of flax with 3 tablespoons of water + set aside to thicken.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup dairy free milk- i always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree- pure pumpkin! not pumpkin pie filling.
- Prepare flax egg and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Grease a skillet or griddle over medium heat with coconut oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Top with real maple syrup, pepitas, cinnamon, or eat plain! (They are that yummy!)