well here’s an update:
i’ve totally been slacking on recipe development because of other cool projects/ opportunities. and when i say cool, i mean really EXCITING. a new instagram friend of mine, Sapana and I have been working hard on developing a Spring Clean Eating Challenge for everyone on the IG. It includes 30 days of features and TONS of giveaways from amazing brands that we reached out to. So, be on the look out for that, you won’t want to miss out on some of the prizes we have put together for winners!
I am so incredibly grateful for the connections and opportunities that have been possible due to my blog. it amazes me everyday the people I am able to connect with around the world and the creative projects we can produce together.
but back to the food…
you gotta love a dish that combines intense flavor and a handful of fresh vegetables! thai dishes have been on my mind lately, and it’s because I have always loved the flavors and ingredients used. i never ventured into making them myself though, so here it is! my first attempt at a thai dish that i hope you enjoy!
this bowl is spicy, creamy, and full of nutritious vegetables and herbs. thai coconut curry can be served using any variety of vegetables or potatoes. some serve it more like a stew, i chose to spoon it over a bed of basmati rice and topped with additional flavor-packed garnishes.
this thai curry combines carrot, bell pepper, spinach and snow peas, but feel free to omit any ingredients you don’t have on hand or add whatever you have in your fridge!
enjoy – and pretend you’re in a tropical thai paradise while devouring this bowl!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- pink sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 2 handfuls of snow peas
- 1 cup sliced carrot - i used store bought carrot chips.
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (found at most grocery stores)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, tamari, or liquid aminos.
- 1½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup rice (basmati preferred)
- to garnish: handful of chopped fresh scallions or cilantro, optional red pepper flakes, optional sriracha/hot sauce, optional purple cabbage
- First prepare you rice and set aside for serving.
- Next prepare the curry. Using a deep skillet over medium heat, add tablespoon of coconut oil. Add diced onion and salt and cook until softened, stirring. Next add ginger and garlic, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the bell peppers, carrots, and snow peas and cook for until tender, 4-5 minutes, stirring throughout. Next add the curry paste and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and spinach to the pan along with 1 cup water and 1 teaspoons sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the peppers, carrots and kale have softened, no more than 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with rice vinegar and soy sauce. Add salt to taste. Divide rice and curry into bowls and garnish as you wish!
- Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate.